Board Meeting Highlights - March 2023
The SAMLARC Board of Directors held their monthly meeting on February 28, 2023 to discuss the projects and initiatives that maintain and enhance the SAMLARC community. The Board acted on the following key items:
- Welcomed new Board Director Nate Farnsworth. Mr. Farnsworth was appointed to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of former Director Robert Louvar. Mr. Farnsworth has been a Member of the SAMLARC community for more than ten years, and the Board looks forward to his insight and contributions to SAMLARC’s future success.
- As recommended by the Budget and Cash Flow Committee, approved the 2022 Financial Audit, tax prepayment for 2023, and the Management Representation Letter. Print copies of the Audit will be mailed to homeowners in April 2023.
- As recommended by the Community Lifestyle Committee, approved a contract with Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. to provide the pyrotechnic display at this year’s Star Spangled Spectacular.
- Approved agreements with Capistrano Unified School District and Saddleback Valley Unified School District for usage of Arroyo Vista, Tijeras Creek, and Trabuco Mesa parks for physical education throughout the 2023 school year.
All items on the Consent Calendar were approved, including approval and/or ratification of a variety of work authorizations for the ongoing maintenance of SAMLARC assets, as well as contracts with professional service providers.
- Approved a Special Use Permit at Central Park, permitting the RSM Chamber of Commerce to host a wine event on the Grand Terrace.
- Appointed various SAMLARC Members to serve on SAMLARC committees throughout the 2023-2024 service year:
- Architectural Review Committee: Edith Carpenter, Jeannette Horne
- Covenant Committee: Kevin Hoffman
- Community Lifestyle Committee: Lisa Piltz, Kathie Wickham, Cody Rockwood
- Communications Committee: Anne Chung, Sherri Lex, Dennis Olson
The SAMLARC Board of Directors is committed to preserving the value, desirability, and attractiveness of all properties within SAMLARC. Per Civil Code 4920, the Open Session and Executive Session Agendas for each meeting are officially posted at the SAMLARC Beach Club and Business Offices. The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors Meeting will take place on April 25, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club.