Terms & Conditions
This is an agreement between you and Rancho Santa Margarita Landscape and Recreation Corporation.
Before using the SAMLARC website (referred to as the "Service’), you must agree to all of the following terms and conditions. Each time you log into the Service, you accept the terms of this agreement and agree to comply with all terms and conditions herein, as may be amended from time to time. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, YOU MUST HAVE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREE TO THESE TERMS ON YOUR BEHALF.
By accepting this Agreement:
- You also agree to abide by the User Guidelines and Content Management Guidelines at all times, which are posted on the Service and may be updated from time to time;
- You are fully responsible for all members and guests of your household who use the Service, whether from your home or otherwise (NOTE: "guests” include anyone who accesses the Service using your login and/or password); and
- You agree to monitor and supervise all use of the Service by guests and members of your household to ensure compliance with this Agreement, the User Guidelines, and the Content Management Guidelines. THIS RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDES SUPERVISION OF ANY HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS AND GUESTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- You agree to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of all minor users of the Service in your household
- You agree, on behalf of yourself and all members and/or guests of your household, to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. In General
The Service (including email, Instant Messaging, Message Board, Clubs, etc.) is operated by SAMLARC. SAMLARC may change, or add to, these terms and conditions at any time and reference to the term "Agreement” includes any such changes or additions that SAMLARC may make to these terms and conditions. SAMLARC will post any new or additional terms and conditions on the Service and these new or additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Service will serve as your agreement to abide by all such new or additional terms and conditions. If at any time, any term or condition of this Agreement is not acceptable to you, you (and all members and guests of your household) should immediately cease all use of the Service.
2. The Content
The Service provides access to information, software, photographs, audio, video, graphics, links and other material (referred to as "Content”) that is legally protected by SAMLARC and/or others under patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You agree to comply with all copyright notices and other restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through, the Service. You agree to use this content only for personal purposes. Content may not be used on other websites without written permission.
You may not use, alter or exploit the Content other than as specifically provided for in this Agreement. In addition, you may not reverse engineer or decompile any software that you download by using the Service unless you receive express permission from the software owner. You may post only the following types of Content on the Service: (1) information which you have created, (2) copyright or other legally protected information for which you have received express permission from the owner, and (3) public information.
SAMLARC has the right to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Content that you place on the Service without any compensation to you.
You shall not copy, or store electronically, any portions of Content, unless you: (1) obtain the prior approval of SAMLARC or the Content owner if it is someone other than SAMLARC and (2) maintain all copyright and other notices in the Content.
3. Rules of Conduct
You shall not post any Content on the Service which:
- may in any way be considered libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing or threatening to any person or group of persons;
- contains computer viruses or other destructive features;
- violates the patent, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual or proprietary rights of another; or
- otherwise violates any law.
In addition, you may not post on the Service any links to any external Internet sites that may be considered obscene or pornographic or use the Service to distribute advertising, solicit funds, solicit users to join competitive online services or for any commercial purpose.
4. Managing Content
SAMLARC has the right to delete or edit any Content which, in its sole discretion, violates this Agreement or it determines to be unacceptable. However, SAMLARC does not and cannot review the Content posted by users of the Service. Some Content may be inappropriate, especially for children. SAMLARC is not responsible for any Content that is created by uses or other third party persons posted or displayed on, or transmitted through, the Service. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUPERVISING YOUR CHILDREN’S USE OF THE SERVICE. As a user of the Service, you should immediately report any inappropriate Content to SAMLARC by contacting email@example.com. The Service also may contain links to other sites on the Internet, which are owned and operated by other parties. SAMLARC is not responsible for the availability of these sites or any of the information contained on them.
5. Claims Against SAMLARC
You agree to hold SAMLARC harmless and to pay all liabilities, costs and expenses that SAMLARC incurs resulting from your use of the Service (including use by anyone who uses your password, whether authorized or not) or use of the Service by any member or guest of your household.
6. Termination of Service
SAMLARC has the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access (and access by any member or guest of your household) to all or any part of the Service, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. SAMLARC may also change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Service at any time without prior notice or liability.
7. Liability and Warranties
The Service and the Content made available through the Service are provided on an "AS IS” basis. SAMLARC and its agents and third party Content providers DO NOT make any warranties of any kind with respect to the Service, any Content or any other materials or information provided by SAMLARC relating to the Service, including, but not limited to the following:
- that the Service will be error-free;
- that the Service will not be interrupted;
- that the Content and any files available for downloading are virus-free; or
- that any email received by you through the Service is virus free. You are solely responsible to protect your computer against email viruses or other destructive features.
Neither SAMLARC, nor any of its agents or third party Content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of, or inability to use the Service, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages. SAMLARC maximum liability to you for any claims relating to use of the service is limited to one hundred dollars ($100).
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. You agree that any legal claims relating to this Agreement by either you or SAMLARC must be brought in the courts located in Orange County, California.
SAMLARC.org, the intranet for Rancho Santa Margarita residents, is designed to promote neighbor-to-neighbor interaction and provide easy access to information relevant to residents. SAMLARC.org will be managed by Rancho Santa Margarita Landscape and Recreation Corporation. Access is conditioned upon each resident’s acceptance of the User Agreement and adherence to that Agreement and these Guidelines.
SAMLARC may change these Guidelines or the User Agreement at any time. You agree to review changes to these Guidelines and the User Agreement and if any change is not acceptable to you, you agree to terminate your use of samlarc.org. Your continued use of the website after the effective date of any such change constitutes your acceptance of all of the changes.
SAMLARC.org is intended to facilitate the process of fostering a sense of community within Rancho Santa Margarita. To achieve this goal, it is important to maintain an Intranet site that is friendly to users and supports positive interaction between residents. Conduct that is disruptive to the online community may result in disciplinary action by the SAMLARC Board of Directors, including possible suspension or termination of a resident’s privilege to access SAMLARC.org.
Guidelines for use of SAMLARC.org:
- Only residents of Rancho Santa Margarita and authorized employees of SAMLARC and its service providers may access samlarc.org.
- Access to SAMLARC.org is contingent upon acceptance of the User Agreement.
- Parent or legal guardian must electronically agree to SAMLARC.org Terms & Conditions for any children under the age of 18 you wish to have access to samlarc.org.
- Distribution of content to advertise, to solicit funds, to solicit users to join competitive online services, to send unsolicited communications and/or mass messages, or for any commercial purpose is prohibited. (See Content Guidelines for exceptions.)
- Transmission, distribution or storage of offensive content and disabling code is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horse programs, messages which include character sequences intended to control the recipient’s computer or display screen, make-money fast schemes, pyramid or chain letters, fraudulent offers, threats, harassment, defamatory statements and postings to a newsgroup in violation of its rules.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of material or conduct in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or foreign law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, any unauthorized use of material protected by patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right or material that is obscene, constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
Content published through SAMLARC.org will be managed in accordance with the following:
- Content will be updated in an effort to provide current and relevant information to residents. Residents and approved staff members of SAMLARC may update Content.
- All Content accessible in the "public” areas of SAMLARC.org may be monitored. "Public” is defined as the areas on SAMLARC.org that all users can access or areas that specific Groups can access. Examples include the Message Board or Community Clubs page.