Board of Directors Meeting Highlights
The SAMLARC Board of Directors held their monthly meeting on the evening of October 25, 2022. Homeowners may view the Open Session and Executive Session Agendas for the meeting and corresponding Open Session Board Agenda Reports through the Homeowner Portal which can be accessed HERE. At the Board of Directors meeting of Tuesday, October 25, 2022, the Board took action on the following items:
- Accepted the resignation of Director Charles Villafana after more than six (6) years of service on the SAMLARC Board of Directors. The Board thanks Director Villafana for his outstanding dedication to SAMLARC and wishes him well as he continues to serve within the community.
- In order to fill Committee vacancies following Director Villafana’s departure, appointed Director Deborah Christensen to the Landscape & Facilities Enhancement Committee and Director Greg Schnieders to the Rancho Santa Margarita Youth Sports Council.
- Approved the proposed revisions to the Architectural Standards and Policies & Guidelines. The documents will be available for Member review and comment in mid-November. The Board will formally adopt the 2023 Architectural Standards and Policies & Guidelines at the January 24, 2023 Board Meeting. Verbal comments will be accepted at the Board Meeting and written comments will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Monday, January 16, 2023 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to: SAMLARC Board of Directors c/o Tita Gervasi 22342A Avenida Empresa Suite 102A Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
- All items on the Consent Calendar were approved, including the following:
- As recommended by the Landscape and Facilities Enhancement Committee, approval to purchase updated signage for SAMLARC parks.
- As recommended by the SAMLARC Covenant Committee, the appointment of SAMLARC Member and Architectural Review Committee Member Edith Carpenter to serve on the Covenant Committee.
- Approval of a contract with Daniel A. Nordberg, Esq. for professional legal counsel to SAMLARC.
- Renewal of a contract with Mosaic Consulting, Inc. to perform landscape consulting services for SAMLARC.
- Approval of contract with BrightView Landscape Services for maintenance of SAMLARC parks.
- Approval of contracts with Sunset Landscape Maintenance Services, Inc., to perform Landscape Services for SAMLARC Streets and Trails and to perform Tree Maintenance.
- Approval and/or ratification of a variety of work authorizations for the ongoing maintenance of SAMLARC assets, as well as contracts with professional service providers.
The SAMLARC Board of Directors is committed to preserving the value, desirability, and attractiveness of all properties within SAMLARC. The next Board of Directors Meeting will take place on November 15, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at the Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club.