Star Spangled Spectacular
The SAMLARC Board of Directors is excited to host this year’s July 4th Star Spangled Spectacular! Members are invited to enjoy Independence Day at the Lake! Bring a picnic, enjoy the summer afternoon, and stroll by the Lakeshore Amphitheater to enjoy games and patriotic musical performances. Decorate your bikes, trikes, scooters, pets, and more with patriotic flair, and join us for a parade around the Lake! The parade will begin at the Beach Club and wind its way along the Lakeshore to the Lakeshore Amphitheater, where rocket will be waiting for participants to enjoy. Finally, SAMLARC is excited to end the night with a fabulous fireworks display! The show will begin with acapella performances by the winners of this year’s Voice of SAMLARC Singing Competition. We can't wait to celebrate July 4th with you!
Voice of SAMLARC Singing Competition
June 1, 2023 | 3-6 PM | Beach Club
SAMLARC will be holding auditions to sing the National Anthem at the July 4th Star Spangled Spectacular! Contestants 10 years of age and older are invited to participate in the audition process. Participants who plan to audition must be available to sing the Francis Scott Key version of the “Star-Spangled Banner” and “God Bless America,” on the evening of Tuesday, July 4th. Contestants must be SAMLARC residents to audition. The winner will sing the “Star-Spangled Banner” a cappella to an audience of thousands and will enjoy premier seating for their immediate family at the fireworks show. The runner-up will sing “God Bless America” a cappella and will also enjoy special seating for their immediate family during the fireworks show!
Bike & Trike Parade
July 4, 2023 | 10 AM | Beach Club to Amphitheater
Decorate your bikes, trikes, scooters, pets, and more with patriotic flair and join us for a parade at the Lake! Led by Uncle Sam himself, the parade will begin at the Beach Club and wind its way along the Lakeshore to the Lakeshore Amphitheater, where ice cold popsicles will be waiting for participants to enjoy!
The Bike & Trike Parade route begins at the Beach Club. Line up as early as 9:30 a.m. The parade route spans the Beach Club to the Lakeshore Amphitheater; approximately .75 miles. In alignment with California standards, helmets are recommended for those under the age of 18. Furry friends are welcome to join the fun and must remain on-leash at all times.
Picnic at the Lago Santa Margarita
Blanket Placement: July 3, 2023 | 6 AM | Lakeshore
Enjoy Independence Day at the Lake! Bring a picnic dinner, enjoy the summer afternoon, keep an eye out for Uncle Sam sightings, and enjoy great views of the evening fireworks show!
- Blankets may be placed on the Lakeshore no earlier than 6 AM on July 3.
- Blankets placed prior to this time will be removed and held at the Beach Club Office for pick-up. Blankets must be placed on grass areas only – blankets covering or partially covering sidewalks will be removed and held at the Beach Club Office for pick-up.
- Stakes and plastic tarps are not permitted.
- Grills, glass containers, fireworks, cigarettes, skates/skateboards, and bounce houses are not permitted.
- Decorations are permitted so long as they are weighted down or secured with string or ribbon – staples, tacks, and tape are not permitted. In addition, Southern California Edison strongly suggests weighting down any metallic balloons to reduce the risk of injury and power outages.
- Drones are not permitted.
- RC boats under 3’ are permitted before 4 PM
Fun at the Beach Club Lagoon
July 4, 2023 | 8 AM - 9 PM | Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club
Tickets Launch on Monday, June 5, 2023 at 10 AM!
Enjoy music, games, and fun in the sun at the Lagoon! Members are invited to spend the day with family and friends. The Beach Club Bistro will offer delicious food for purchase and community BBQs will be available for use. Water trikes, pedal boats, and kayaks will be available to rent! A DJ will host games throughout the afternoon, guests will enjoy acapella performances from the winners of this year’s Voice of SAMLARC singing competition and end the night with a fireworks display!
- Admission to the Beach Club Lagoon is by advanced tickets only. Advanced digital ticket reservations will take place online at SAMLARC.ORG/EVENTS on Monday, June 5, 2023 beginning at 10 AM.
- Beach Club access is for Members and their guests only.
- A maximum of eight (8) tickets may be reserved per household. All Member and guest names will be required upon registration
- Separate, digital confirmation emails will be sent to the email address used for the reservation
- Tickets will be verified for entry on July 4th along with your SAMLARC gate access card. You must be a SAMLARC Member to reserve tickets and Members must remain with guests at all times
- Unclaimed tickets will be released at 3 PM on July 4th on a first-come, first-served basis
- Patio tables will be reserved by lottery. Families who receive a table reservation must check in before 3 PM and will be escorted to their reserved table. After 3 PM, unconfirmed tables will be released on a first-come, first-served basis
- The Beach Club will open at 8 AM for the day, with gates closed at 8:30 p.m. Guests may not enter or reenter the Beach Club after 8:45 PM.