Board Meeting Highlights - April 2023
The SAMLARC Board of Directors held their monthly meeting on April 25, 2023 to discuss the projects and initiatives that maintain and enhance the SAMLARC community. The Board acted on the following key items:
- Congratulated the RSM National Junior Basketball 5th Grade Boys All-Stars team for their championship season.
- Renewed membership with Community Associations Institute, an industry professional organization that equips homeowners associations’ boards and managers with educational resources, legislative updates, and best practices.
- As an affiliate partner with the RSM Chamber of Commerce, approved a donation to the Rotary Club of Coto De Caza and Rancho Santa Margarita for the Rotary’s annual charity golf tournament, benefiting the Leonard Cancer Institute at Providence Mission Hospital.
All items on the Consent Calendar were approved, including approval and/or ratification of a variety of work authorizations for the ongoing maintenance of SAMLARC assets, as well as contracts with professional service providers.
- As recommended by the Communications Committee, approved revisions to the Committee Charter to reflect updates to the Committee’s objectives and composition.
- As recommended by the Landscape and Facilities Enhancement Committee (LFEC), approved the replacement of 4 lifeguard towers and 13 trench drains at the Beach Club prior to the summer season.
- As recommended by the LFEC, approved a variety of work authorizations for repairs to and maintenance of SAMLARC pool pump equipment at Arroyo Vista and Solana Pools to protect the longevity of the pools.
- As recommended by the LFEC, approved the resurfacing of the Solana Park basketball court in order to extend the lifespan and integrity of the court.
- Approved a Special Use Permit at Central Park, permitting the City of Rancho Santa Margarita to host the 2023 Summer Concert series at the park.
- Per standard practice, approved the dissolution of the 2023 SAMLARC Election Committee and the appointment of the 2024 Election Committee. The members of the Committee include:
- Justin Horey (incumbent Director)
- William Cather (SAMLARC Member and Board President of Alicante Sub Association)
- Edie Carpenter (Delegate of Santa Fe Sub Association)
The SAMLARC Board of Directors is committed to preserving the value, desirability, and attractiveness of all properties within SAMLARC. Per Civil Code 4920, the Open Session and Executive Session Agendas for each meeting are officially posted at the SAMLARC Beach Club and Business Offices. The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors Meeting will take place on May 23, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club.